Job Shadow Program
Our Job Shadow Program
Positions Available To Shadow
What is a Grain Accountant?
Grain Accountants are responsible for providing quality service, commodity purchasing and sales, as well as required administrative duties for the grain department.
- Using software to track daily grain movement.
- Pricing & paying producers for their grain.
- Processing freight payments for grain shipped to vendors.
- Processing money received from vendors for grain shipped out of our elevators.
Agronomy Account Manager
What is an Agronomy Account Manager?
An Agronomy Account Manager is responsible for the sales and services of seed, crop nutrients, and crop protection products to improve the producer’s production efficiency and profitability.
- Talking with producers to determine their needs and promote Ag Partners products and services.
- Assist growers with seed hybrid decisions and delivery prior to planting.
- Preparing orders of crop protection chemicals.
- Scouting customer fields for weeds and pests.
Marketing & Communications Specialist
What is a Marketing & Communications Specialist?
This role is responsible for communicating Ag Partners' mission and story to customers, employees, and local communities. They specialize in developing print, digital and broadcast content to promote the cooperative.
- Facilitating, designing, & implementing email campaigns, newsletters, radio ads, print ads, photography & videos.
- Managing the company website & social media platforms.
- Assisting with event planning & execution.
- Coordinating sponsorships, donations and other community involvement projects.
Crop Insurance Specialist
What is a Crop Insurance Specialist?
A licensed agent who administers the federal crop insurance program. They are a producer’s trusted advisor on protecting crops and livestock against yield and revenue loss. Risk management programs help ensure the producer's revenue and the long-term stability of an operation.
- Developing marketing strategies to promote crop insurance programs that are beneficial for producers.
- Keeping up-to-date on programs, regulations, and options for producers.
- Assisting producers with coverage selection, acreage reporting, production reporting, and payment of claims.
Human Resource Director
What is a Human Resource Director?
The HR Director is responsible for the administration of company benefits and policies. They are also in charge of overseeing performance management of current employees.
- New hire orientation, employee recognition, compensation & benefit administration.
- Managing employee trainings.
- Processing employee payroll and payroll taxes.
- Assisting management with recruitment, selection, and terminations for company employees.
- Establishing and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Succession planning, employee discipline, employee surveys.
What is an Accounting Specialist?
Accounting Specialists are responsible for maintaining the cooperative’s financial and clerical records.
- Maintaining accurate and complete records, including ledgers, invoices, and receipts.
- Communicating with customers and vendors to discuss account statuses, charges, or discrepancies.
- Receiving, processing, and reconciling statements.
- Preparing monthly financial statements and reports.
- Assisting with preparation for annual audits.
What Are You Waiting For? Sign Up Today!
Complete the following form, and once submitted an Ag Partners representative will contact you to set up your own personal job shadow experience.